Identifying negative people in your life
Negative people will cause you more harm than good, if any. The best thing is to stay away from such people, but to do that you need to first identify the negative people around you. Below are some pointers which will help you identify the negative people.
- Relationships are about give and take: Negative people will suck your time and energy, when they want something from you. But they do not reciprocate in the same way when you need them.
- Some people are always critical: Constructive criticism is good; it helps us improve and move forward in life. But you will find that there are some people who are always critical about you, no matter what you do. Such people may insult you, pick on you, and make negative comments about your looks or aptitude.
- Short fuse: Agreeing to disagree is a sign of maturity. But there are some people who will start shouting at you no sooner than you contradict them or present your point of view, which is different from theirs.
- Negative about everything: There are few things in life which we love, we hate a couple of things and are okay with most of the things. But there are some people who are critical about everything; there is absolutely nothing in the whole wide world that pleases them.
- Perpetual liars: We all lie, but most of the things that we say are true. However, there are some people who are perpetual liars. Such people will lie to you about everything, and no sooner than you ask them a couple of questions they will change the topic.
- Bullies: There are some people who make it a point to unnecessarily tease you, as if they are looking for a reason to bicker with you or pick a fight.
- You did it: It takes courage to accept one’s mistake. When a project or a task fails, most people tend to blame the other person. But there are some people who make it a point to blame you for everything that is wrong in their lives.
Once you have identified the negative people in your life, the next step is to get rid of them – and that is what my next post is going to be about.
Always remember, you cannot live a positive life with a negative mind.