It is the same story around the globe. Every New Year people make a lot of commitments to themselves and to their friends and family. While everyone has a unique way of sharing their New Year resolutions with their loved ones, but it generally goes like this:
“I’ll join a gym.”
“I’ll completely stop eating junk food, and only eat healthy organic food.”
“I’ll make people notice myself at parties.”
“I’ll completely stop smoking.”
“I’ll definitely start jogging.”
Aren’t you tired of lying to yourself?
How about setting some realistic goals this year, here are my 5 suggestions.
- Visit 5 interesting places: I am sure there are a lot many places that you want to visit. Pick 5 places, spend a couple of days there, take a lot of photographs and create wonderful and life long memories.
- Learn a good party trick: Okay, even decent party trick would do the job. This will not only help you enjoy parties, but people will also start noticing you. So, you don’t need to remind them the next day that you actually did attend their party.
- Make world a better place: Start doing something nice and selfless for making this world a better place. Like start donating blood, sponsor a child, or at-least being considerate towards people belonging to other religion or race.
- Include fruits and vegetables in your diet: A drastic change in diet is not only difficult but in some cases not advisable. So why not take the middle-path and include fruits and vegetables in your diet, if you aren’t already having.
- Make a new friend every month: Why not start expanding your social circle. This will not only broaden your horizons, but you’ll find new ways to get the most out of life.